Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 2009 11:05:53 -0700
From:
LR MEIER <[log in to unmask]>
Lori,

Sending prayers your way for the little ones that were dropped off - I
hope Codo is ok and can come hope. How nice to have such a wonderful
protector as Ayla!

We have sweet DEW boy, Tundra who can be as feisty as any, but he is
the house-hold protector of any and all of the older/weaker ones that
have come home to us. He keeps them from getting picked on, guides them
to the food and to a soft sleep-sack and sometimes watches over them.
Then once they're asleep he joins the fray and becomes the wild boy
that he can be!

We also have Choxee-cat who does the licking thing too. She will lick
the hair off of her inner back (or front) legs periodically. There is
no visible rash prior to the licking and no little buggies either. My
wonderful vet believes, after much testing, that she is prone to
allergies of some kind that will flare up in the NV climate almost
year-round. We have been giving her shots of DepoMedrol, a low level
of steroid, which calms the skin down, about every 3 months. Dietary
supplements containing Omega3 fatty acids help to prevent the skin from
being so itchy. I thought with all of our creatures (17 ferrets, 3
other cats, 1 dog, 1 hedgehog, 2 sugargliders, 1 husband-oops, did I
really include him??) that it might be an attention thing too and I try
to give her much special time, but the injections really seem to help
along with the Choxee-time.

Hope this helps,
Loree