From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 2009 23:37:45 -0400
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. However this was de one day that
SaraFerret had decided to sleep in. Her kits were visiting friends
so dis was a rare opportunity for her (not to be missed) and she knew
dat surely no fuzzy would be crossing de bridge. Anyway she was not
on duty. (Famous last words). Then she heard a knocking at her door
and before she could awaken herself enough to go to de door, in flew
Dexter, de little boy courier, with a note in his paw. He said,

"SawaFewwet, your door was unlocked and you didn't come when I knocked,
so I just came on in. Why is you still in bed. You is so lazy. You
should be up by now. I has a message from de Boss. A fewwet is cwossing
de bwidge and you has gots to get up and gets over dere to gweet her.
You know de Boss will be so upset with you if you don't get dere on
time. He might even repwace you."

I got out of my hammy, stretched, and took de note and read it and sent
Dexter to fetch de requested fuzzies. Then I headed for de entrance. I
was just in time to see an elderly white fuzzy crossing. So I
introduced myself,

"Hi I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. Dis is your new forever home. Here you will have no more pain
or suffering. You will be surrounded by lotsa friends and you will run
thru green meadows forever. Did I mention de fun and games?"

The little white fuzzy replied, "My name is Chloe. I belong to Mommy
DiAnne. Do you know her? I don't see anyone here but you but I guess
since we are both girls you will have to do. Do you want to be friends
with me? I knew my time on earth was over and I was getting so tired;
Mommy did want me to stay longer, but... I would like to feel better
though."

I said, "Chloe, If you are patient, you will see others of your family
who have crossed before you. Of course I would love to be friends with
you. I don't know your Mommy personally, but I have heard of her. Now
lets see what we can do about your hurts."

All of a sudden POOF! Chloe felt her body become limber and her legs
were no longer stiff, and then she looked at her fur; why it was no
longer that white that it had become. In fact she looked and felt as
though she was a young adolescent fuzzy once again. So she began to
whirl and dance a dance of joy for just a minute and then she settled
down. She said, "There I just had to do that; get it out of my system."

Den I asked her if she noticed the wings on my shoulders.
"Of couse," she replied. "They look very nice. Are they just for the
bridgegreeters?"

"Oh no," I replied. "Each and every fuzzy who crosses de bridge gets
dere very own special pair of wings."

So off we went down de garden path where to her surprise, she met
Gracie Lou, her sister, who had crossed de bridge before her. Oh what
joy! Now she knew she would have someone to be with her. The three of
us went to de Wing House where de wings were stored. We opened de door
and on de counter was a big box (of course). She opened de box and took
out de wings--Bright Lavender with black streaks--just perfect for a
fuzzy who had lived so long on earth. Gracie Lou helped her on with
her wings and I adjusted her halo.

Den she ran to de big vanity mirror and gazed at her reflection. Den
she turned to me and said, "Gee I wish Mommy could see me now." Den I
gots an idea.

So we left dere and went down de path to de Misting Pond and sat down
beside de cool clear water. With one swish we saw a vision of Mommy
DiAnne appear. Chloe got so excited she started waving and dooking
with all of her might.

"I love you Mommy. Thank you for loving me. Gracie Lou is here with me.
I have beautiful wings and soon I will be able to fly. I don't hurt
anymore and my fur is beautiful again."

Den she began to throw hugs and kisses and wrapped dem with all of her
love and laid dem on a nearby shooting star which was headed to your
house and by de time you should read dis it should have landed dere.
And with another swish de vision was gone.

We went down de road to be met by a group of fuzzies with a big
banner--"Welcome to de bridge, Chloe." She recognized them all--her
brothers, Murphy, Lenny, and JoJo. She walked over to me and whispered
"I really thought that you were telling me stories when I crossed. But
when I saw Gracie Lou I knew you weren't. I am so relieved. I know
that you and I would have been friends though." Then we went to their
cottage where a party was planned. Food was laid out and music was
playing. I could see other fuzzies coming from near and far. I gave
Chloe a hug and said my goodbyes. I knew that we would see each other
soon but her family had a lot of visiting to do and I was ready to go
back to my cottage and catch up on reading and make an entry in de
Boss's Big Book of Ferrets.

So ended another day at de Rainbow Bridge.

Lovey and hugs,

SaraFerret, bridgegreeter