Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2009 15:23:30 -0500
I would like to take this opportunity to announce the finalists in the
American Ferret Association's Specialty Ferret of the Year competition.
If you are receiving this email (or reading it on the fml) and you and
your ferret's name is included in the list below, then your ferret is
either the winner or the runner up. I'm sorry I can't just list the
winners, that would take all the fun out of the presentations now
wouldn't it!

The AFA Specialty Ferret of the Year Awards will be presented on
Friday, March 27th at AFA's First Annual Awards Banquet to be held at
the Old Main Building at the York Fairgrounds in York, PA. The dinner
and awards presentation will be from 6:00-8:00pm. Any and all are
invited to attend - information such as the cost per person for the
buffet and the deadline for reserving your seat is included in the AFA
Spring Nationals Ferret Competition Show Packet that will be sent out
in the next day or two and will be available for download from the AFA
website (www.ferret.org) starting early next week.

Martin's Cages was our most generous sponsor for the AFA Ferret of the
Year and AFA Specialty Ferret of the Year awards. Skip and Diana will
be joining us at the dinner and presentation ceremony on Friday night.
We will also have a photographer at the hall so you can get pictures
of your ferret and their award.

The main qualifications for this award are the ferret must have been
in the specialty class in at least four (4) AFA sanctioned shows; the
class must have been judged by a licensed AFA specialty or title
class judge; and the ferret must have consistently placed well in the
competitions. If you think your ferret was missed, please contact me
directly at jbferret @ mindspring.com (no spaces).

Doreen Anderson - Dweazel, SH's Cappie
Julie Bender - GFX's Zoot Suit Riot
Mary Bologansky - DM's Surprise in Disguise
Beth Bowles - RN's Lord Aragorn
Danee DeVore - SHD's Luna Bella of TCF
Ann & Patrick Grimm - Penny
Sally Heber - SH's CrossFire (Batty), SH's FireBrand
Dr. Ruth Heller - Basilisk of RN
Pat & Bill Highley - Jumper, Pouncer
Shelly McAllister - My Princess Gracie, NB's O'Darby Girl
Vickie McKimmey - JBF's Pink Squirrel, JBF's Caribou Lou
Susan Mentzer & Joe Hahn - SF's Water Angel of FPWC, Cheer Up Bunky
 of FPWC
Jessie Molan - FP's BorumHa (Boru)
Chris Sayne - FFP's Talladega
Paula Woodland - SH's Ichi-Ban of WWW

Congratulations to all the finalists and I look forward to seeing
everyone and their ferrets at the award presentations and at AFA's
Spring Nationals Ferret Competition, Old Main Building, York
Fairgrounds, York, PA on March 28th.

Vickie

PS The announcement for the finalists for AFA's Ferret of the Year for
Title Classes - Adolescent, Alter, Breeder and Companion will be made
soon! Look for it!

Vickie McKimmey

Just a Business of Ferrets
www.jbferret.com
American Ferret Association
Director of Shows and Special Events
www.ferret.org
Author of Ferrets: An Animal Planet Pet Care Library Series Book