From:
Becky Poland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2009 14:41:25 -0600
I noticed that my sable(be them cinnamon, champagne, black, or dark)
babies have a shorter, rounder snout than my DEWS or albinos and
watching videos and looking at pictures, it seems that a lot of all
white ferrets tend to have the longer, pointier, more slender snout.
Not all, because one of my DEWS (5.2 pounder, big boy!!) has a rounder
face than most of the others I see, but that could be because he is
so big, not sure, but does anyone have any idea why that is? I was
just curious, since I have noticed this. My 2 white ones both ended up
insulinomic, and though they were both rescue babies, and I could not
control what they ate or how they were treated prior to coming to live
with me, but they ate very well after coming to me and were treated
very well also, but so were my sables, and 5 out of 7 of those were
rescues too, and though we had issues with lymphoma and adrenal
problems, no insulinoma so far with the sables with the rounder face
and shorter snout(crossing fingers and praying). Is there possibly a
connection? Is there something in the genes that predisposes them to
certain illnesses? I know we are learning more every day about the
beautiful creatures, but has anyone noticed any of this at all besides
me- or should I get a new hobby?

Becky