From:
Sandaili <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 2009 02:56:27 -0800
My guys have never had issues being in the same room with the
following:

- Rabbits (actually were out at same time as rabbit many times, but
was a large, large rabbit)
- Flying Squirrels (squirrels had issues with the ferrets, thus I
adopted them out to a wildlife biologist and they have a wonderful
full finished basement to play in and I get nice pics of them up his
sleeves :)
- Rats (like I said before, some rats were squeamish of the ferrets but
one played rough and tumble with them, a hairless rat, and I used Lucy
to "gather" them out of my closet once - she scruffed them and brought
them to me)
- Mice (yes I had one mouse who got out and was killed - but the
ferrets never acted crazy just because they were housed in the same
room)

There is probably more I am forgetting but the squirrels were in the
same room as the ferret rescue in an open bird cage. I think the advice
is more of - be aware that when your pets eventually escape, from
accident or just a persistent pet - your ferrets may or may not end
up killing them...

Laryssa