From:
Kevin Farlee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 2009 07:43:10 -0700
I'm assuming that you mean litter when you say "bedding". You don't
want them to be sleeping in wood pellets or similar. Nice soft blankies
and sleep sacks are much better for sleeping. Besides that, if the
place they sleep has the same stuff as the place they're supposed to
poo, how will they learn which is which?

So, for litter, I use the compressed wood-chip pellets, the same as are
used in wood-stoves. Also sold as "barn-dry" for horses. This product
is cooked at high enough heat in the manufacturing process that all
the volatile oils that cause problems from cedar and other shavings
are driven off, so they're safe.

They're cheap, too. I pay around $6 for a 40 pound bag, and that's a
fairly typical price.

Stock up now before they get harder to find in the summer!

Kevin Farlee
President
Washington Ferret Rescue & Shelter