From:
Sandaili <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 2009 14:05:57 -0800
From Ed:

>The second instance of ferret normal behavior, as surprising as it was
>to me, was the killing of a female ferret cage mate. She was caged
>with a large intact male ferret. When discovered he had killed her
>and had eaten part of her body. And over the following two days he
>entirely consumed her body, bones included, leaving only a bit of fur.

I would like to point out that since you discovered it, you don't know
if he actually did kill her, or if she died of another cause, and he
simply ate her. Am I correct? After a ferret dies, it sometimes happens
that even ones on kibble will eat if starving in a horrid situation.
One that is raised on a natural diet would have less hesitation.

Laryssa