Date:
Sun, 9 Aug 2009 20:15:26 EDT
Dear FMLers..

First of all howdy from the very hot West. I was able to attend the '07
Symposium in Portland Oregon, and I met lots of you folks for the first
time and some of you folks I knew before hand...Like Bob church who has
been in Reno with the NNFN group. Folks I had a ball in Portland. I was
amazed that so many others share that obsession I have over weasels...
or as we call them around here Squeezels...Or squeezable weasels. For
three days we talked about all things ferret. A big thanks to our very
own Mr. Big...Bill Gruber who did a yoeman's job with that old outdated
Pa system that we got stuck with there at the hosting Hotel which I
can't think of right now...CTS. Anyway I had a ball and even tho I
didn't get to Pitts to the next one I will definitely get to the next
one by hook or crook. It is well worth the effort to go folks. Shop
around online for good hotel rates which I did and found a good room
about a half mile away and paid about a third of what it would have
cost me to stay at the sponsoring hotel. But it worked out grand. The
shelter dinner is one event you will not want to miss. That year we
went to Orgeon City to Chris Mathis' place and she was a grand host
and I loved it there. Got to hold me a hob or two and got kisses as
well... LOL Yeah Ya know I love them big ol smelly boys...The bigger
and smellier the better...LOL. Anyway I am looking foreward to the
next one whenever it will be and will be there or be square for
sure...LOL. As for Ferret Events we have the local Ferret Network or
NNFN (Northern Nevada Ferret Network) and even tho we haven't had much
in the way of event lately we have had some grand ones in the past.
But it is something to behold when you can stand in the middle of an
auditorium full of hundreds of folks who share your obvious addiction
and no feel like you have something wong with your head..LOL. You have
to experience it to believe it, ...it is that awesome.

Anyway on a personal note I am going to have ankle surgery sometime
in late September. I see my cardiologist on the 11th and see what he
thinks about surgery and if I get the green light then I will contact
gthe doctor who will do the surgery and tell him it is a go and on we
will go. I am not looking foreward to any of this as it will be a big
nasty long mess BUT if I can walk again without gimping and walking on
the side of my right foot it will be worth all the hassle and pain. I
will be off my feet for 6 to 10 weeks which will be the hardest thing.
I will have to crawl into the fret room to clean and to keep up the
furbrats. But I know they will learn what is going on and will want to
help me anyway they can... NO Loki leave the bandage alone.. Hey ya lil
Sod bring that back...Hey no bitting....LOL. OBTW Loki is my first and
full color Champagne boy. He is a big MF boy and he is full of himself
big time..LOL. Richard Straight, from Washington State, has seen that
boy in action..LOL. Loki used to bite a bit but now he has kinda gotten
over that. He never bit me to be bad folks,, No it is his way of being
"funny". He thinks "Oh yeah I made the Poppa jump like he had been
stung by a bee..." LOL. Hims not got a mean bone in hims body but he
thinks he is a very funny ferret tho.. To me.... not so much eh?? LOL.

Anyway I am waiting with anticipation for the announcement of when and
where the next IFC Symposium will be held and I will try like hell to
be there...Plan on joining me eh? The more the merrier...LOL. The very
best to one and all and lets all stay fuzzy out there shall we??

Fred Hurd
Reno Nevada

After All It Is For The Ferrets!!