From:
Phyllis Berker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 2009 15:15:46 -0400
For those that have had Direct TV since its beginning, the original Sci
Fi channel was a part of our basic package. We still have this channel
within our basic channels, but as of Tuesday night when Warehouse 13
premiered, the channel became "SyFy". I'm not sure if SyFy is currently
a part of the Direct TV basic pkg. for new subscribers, but it may be.
As a side note, the elaborate, special effects filled commercial ad for
the new SyFy, is rather good. It includes some of the crew/cast members
in the various prime time SyFy shows (including Amanda Tapping from
Sanctuary, Jason and Grant from Ghost Hunters, etc.).

The scene with the ferret in this new series, Warehouse 13, which my
husband and I really like so far, was during a tour by the warehouse
manager/caretaker, Artie, for the two gov't agents. The warehouse
contains lots and lots of unique, unexplained and mystical artifacts,
confiscated from various investigative cases. On this tour, the male
agent, Pete, picks up a copper tea kettle. Artie, tells Pete to be
careful with it, and asks him to put the kettle in this neutralizer
containment unit. Before that happens, the female agent, Mika, grabs
the kettle from Pete, and suddenly, a sable ferret appears. The kettle
turns out to be like a genie's bottle, for making wishes. So Pete
asks Mika if she wished for a ferret, and matter of factly, answered,
"no". Artie looked at Mika and stated that she must have wished for
a transfer, (back to her original assignment of protecting the
President). Artie explains that when an impossible wish is made, for
some odd reason he doesn't even understand, that a ferret will appear.
Mika ends up liking the ferret, and takes it with her to the bed &
breakfast inn that she and Pete will reside while they do their new
assignments for the warehouse. Strangely though, the ferret is kept in
a sort of antique looking bird cage!? That I didn't get. Not sure if
the ferret's appearance in this Pilot episode is it, or if we'll see
the ferret in other episodes too. I'm guessing that someone affiliated
with the new series, has pet ferrets, or at least a fondness for them,
but why house the ferret in a bird cage, is a mystery.

Phyllis