From:
Sandaili <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 2009 23:11:50 -0700
I just wanted to thank Sukie for providing an article that shows
ferrets surviving distemper. I have known people with ones that
survived, (this was back in the 70's for them), and I have always been
lucky not to deal with it, but people that end up with ferrets with
it - well, I always wish they would do supportive care until the ferret
got so bad quality of life was crap, and then put to sleep (before
that point, and you can tell when they are not having fun). Instead
most people put to sleep immediately upon infection. I understand if
you don't have a way to stop it from spreading to other ferrets, but
usually everyone else is vaccinated. I am not sure how risky it is
with a ferret around others that have it, as vaccines are not 100%
protection, but I digress. I am glad to see proof of it, unless I
misunderstood the article.

Laryssa