From:
Joe bear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 2009 17:32:39 -0700
Rowdy left me Tuesday night. Early Wednesday morning I heard some very
loud and unusal thunder. I think it must have been the reunion and
party at the Rainbow Bridge. Could one of the Bridge Greeters please
check on Rowdy and the other Bearden fuzzie family there to make sure
they did find each other?

Rowdy was just eight weeks old when he came to live with us. A kind
lady had purchased him, Gidget Mama, Piper and Rascal to get them out
of a bad pet shop. Why was the pet shop bad? Well, they had allowed a
little one to break a leg and then didn't seek medical help. This kind
lady had never had ferrets but loved all animals so was able to place
that little one with someone but on later visits when she found the
others she purchased them to get them away from uncaring and bad
conditions.

She called me in the Fall of 2002 when her Mother was to go for heart
surgery. She knew she would be spending alot of time at the hospital
which was located in another town. I told her I would gladly baby sit
so four little ones came home with us. She never called to ask from
them back and as time went on I knew it would be so hard if she did.

Our numbers kept growing as more people called looking for a good home
because they no longer wanted or could care for them. So when Rowdy
arrives he will be looking for his mates who made the journey last
year. He will also be looking for Stormy and Lily, Niki and Liz, Minky
and Geiger, and there are others who he has never met but will be
waiting for me. Each of them carried a sock with them so maybe they
can find each other that way.

It was 1980 when a ferret first gabbed my heart and losing them never
gets any easier. Rowdy was my good boy and such a sweetheart. He would
sleep in my lap and had those cute little white tipped paws wrapped
tightly around my heart.

Thank you Bridge Greeters for helping a breaking heart.