From:
Cindy Scheidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jun 2009 18:49:18 -0400
This was sent to my private email with a permission to post this on the
FML from Barb Carlson of the Hide-E-Hole Ferret Rescue Inc in Pittsburg
PA. Here are some suggestions she has for you Tammy - do hope it helps.
Cindy -

My ferrets use it like crazy! At first they didn't -- it almost seemed
like they didn't like how it smelled -- but it's been about a month and
now they're chasing each other through it. I have 5 very large male
ferrets, and it's not uncommon to have 3 or 4 in it at the same time.
Some of the shelter ferrets like it and some don't use it much. The
ones who do use it, adore it. I have one little girl who drags stuffed
toys up inside it! It seems that the single ferrets don't really know
how it's fun. The multiples chase each other through it. I'd say they
need to give it more time, or drop treats in it (some should stay in
there) for them to find. Once they start going through it, they're
fine. I think it's a scent issue. If it smells like ferrets, they run
right in, but if it doesn't, they're cautious. I have the same issue
with new dryer tubes -- no one seems to want to be the first to go in.

You can post this with my name and shelter (Barbara Carlson,
Hide-E-Hole Ferret Rescue, Inc., Pittsburgh, PA) --Barb--