From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 May 2009 23:41:18 -0400
When we last left SaraFerret she was at a party for Angel, surround by
Mommy Rosie's fuzzies, Booger, Maxine, Maxie, Fritz, Pepper, Misty,
Prince, Bear, Buddy, Shark, Snowball, Lady, Princess, and of course,
Max. They were all having a gay old time. All of a sudden, Lily, de
little girl courier, came running up to SaraFerret with a note in her
paw, and said,

"SaraFerret, there is another ferret crossing the Bridge and he belongs
to this family. I know you are all having a great time, but.... Here is
the note."

I took de note and with a sigh read it and told de others that their
brother was crossing de bridge. So I send dem off to wait for me at
dere appointed places and I headed for de entrance. I was just in time
to see a sable fuzzy with a maple leaf flag tied to his tail making
his way across de bridge. He was trying so hard to trot in time to the
anthem that was playing but he kept tripping--it was so difficult for
de sweet guy and he was carrying such a heavy backpack.

As he reached de entrance I introduced myself,

"I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. Dis is your new forever home. Here you will be surrounded by
your family and friends and you will run on green grass forever. You
will have no more pain or suffering."

The handsome sable looked at me somewhat sadly and said, "I am Star and
I am the last of Mommy Rosie's ferrets. She was so sad when she said
goodbye to me although she knew that it was for the best. I loved her
so much. Do you know my Mommy? She said she knew you. She said she was
sending me to the best home possible. I didn't like being so sick and I
tried to hide it so long cause I didnt want Mommy to worry. I even
brought some toys with me from earth. Do you want to see them? I don't
mind sharing things. Has it been a while since you were on earth? I
tried to fix the best flag I knew how and I tried to march the best way
I could. Us Canadian ferrets are such a proud group." Then he unzipped
his backpack and showed me his little stuffed snowman and his dad's oki
eyeglass case. I oohed and aahed over both. And then he carefully put
them away.

Den I did my best to answer some of his question. "I have heard of your
Mommy, although I do not know her in person. I am sure she loved you so
very much. Yes this is a wonderful place. And Yes it has been such a
long long many years since I have been on earth, I have almost forgot
what it was like. Your maple leaf flag is great and you marched really
good. Say would you like for me to hold your beautiful flag for you."
So we carefully untied it and he handed it to me.

Just den, Angel leaped out from behind a bush and said, "Surprize!"
Well dat was de understatement of de year! He saw Angel's wings and
asked her, "Where did you get those?" She said, "Oh all the ferrets who
cross the bridge get their own special pair and guess what, you are
going to get your own pair."

So off we went down de garden path to de Wing House where de wings were
stored. We opened de door and on de counter was a big box (of course).
Star opened de box and took out de wings--sapphire with black streaks.
Angel helped him put on his wings and adjusted his halo. Den he ran to
de big vanity mirror and gazed at his reflection. Den he turned to us
and said, "Gee I wish Mommy could see me now." Den I gots an idea.

We went out de door and down de path to de Misting Pond. And dere, all
de rest of all of his family was gathered. Angel introduced him to de
ones he did not know and he visited with those he knew. We sat down
beside de cool clear water and with one swish he saw a vision of Mommy
Rosie appear. Star got so excited he started waving and dooking with
all of his might.

"I love you Mommy. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for holding me.
You gave so much to me. I dont hurt anymore. I have wings now and soon
I will be able to fly."

Den the whole group joined in and sang the beloved anthem "O Canada"
(It was so beautiful it made tears come to my eyes and I wasn't even
Canadian). Den Star started to throw hugs, kisses, and the anthem and
wrapped it with all of their love and laid dem on a nearby shooting
star and by de time you should read dis it should have landed at your
house. And with another swish de vision was gone.

So we left dere and went down de road to de cottage to continue de
party. Max took de Maple Leaf Flag of Canada and tied it to de nearest
tree (dere other ones were getting pretty tattered). I could see more
food laid out and yet more fuzzies coming to visit. I was invited to
stay for yet more food and party. But I was partied out. So I said my
farewells and gave Star and Angel a hug and headed for home.

So ended greetings at de Rainbow Bridge.

Lovey and hugs,

SaraFerret,
bridgegreeter