From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 May 2009 11:43:04 -0700
Hello FMLers --

Here I am, back in Ethiopia with my two dear ferrets, Rico (abt 6) and
Jonas (abt 4). They are so lively and healthy! They dance and wrestle
many times a day and get into all sorts of mischief in their room and
outdoor pen. For example, Rico has just flattened himself, weasled his
way through the crossed flaps of a carton of toys, and pulled out a
bag of cat toys -- basically plastic balls (abt the size of ping-pong
balls) w bells and other things inside them. I'd plannaed to dole them
out over time, but, hey, abundance is a great thing, so I took them al
out and now there are sound of bells and balls being knocked about
under my desk. That's Rico. Jonas, however, wants to drag my fleece
jacket (it's royal purple) away into their cage, He's thwarted but
undaunted by the fact that I am wearing it.

To those of you who were following my adventures with these ferrets
and with a lot more ferrets, other animals, and people in Addis Ababa,
maybe you were wondering what I was up to during my approx 6 months'
of silence. While I was in the US, I was concerned mostly with private
relationship issues, and hadn't the energy to go into them -- plus they
were even less appropriate to the FML than my non-ferret Africa posts.

Speaking of which, Sabie has quit her bank job to work for us in our
sewing biz and is a few months from graduating from law school, Tsige
is close to term w her long-wanted pregnancy, Teberre almost got fired
(by us), but we pulled it together, Sisay got a gov't sponsored chance
to have a studio condominium for himself and Tsige, and I am, once
again, planning a system of elevated wire tunneks for the ferrets to
let them travel between their room, their pen, and my bedroom, which
will have a KRITTER KONCEPTS/FERRET NOOK corral in it. I'm not sure if
they still make these corrals, but here is their URL. The Fritzes, who
run the business and the shelter, are fine people!

<http://kritterkoncepts.net/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_5