From:
Klemens Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 May 2009 18:43:15 -0700
Alan Alda wrote a book a few years back titled "Never Have Your Dog
Stuffed: And Other Things I Learned". I saw him on the talk show circut
promoting the book. If I remember the story correctly (and please, if
anyone recalls the story better, do tell) he talked about a beloved
childhood dog that when the dog passed the decision (Alan's?) was to
have the dog "stuffed" to keep him forever, and how the friendly dog
looked nothing like how it ended up afterwards. Terrifying I believe he
said. The worst decision ever, because it looks nothing like the loved
one. Maybe taxidermy works for some people, I just always think of his
story when that comes up.

Tracy