Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 2009 21:55:22 -0400
I have a question about HR699. My knowledge about this is not that
extensive, just what I have read here, however I am still concerned.
That is to say, I do not know about bills and how all this works, I'm
learning, but for now I just don't. I am sure I am not the only one
here.

I did "read" the bill. I use quotation marks because, how can I really
read it if I have no clue what they are "really" trying to say or do.

So having read it, and with prior knowledge of my ignorance; this is
my question:

Do they consider the Black Footed Ferret a "nonnative wildlife
species?"

If so, how will this play into it:
"(8) the likelihood that the species would harm native species that are
rare or native species that have been listed as threatened species or
endangered species in the United States under the Endangered Species
Act of 1973"

Furthermore, how will they keep track of who has what, to do this:

(f) Animals Owned Lawfully Prior to Prohibition of Importation- This
Act and regulations issued under this Act shall not interfere with the
ability of any person to possess an individual animal of any species if
such individual animal was legally owned by the person before the risk
assessment is begun pursuant to subsection (e)(3), even if such species
is later prohibited from being imported under the regulations issued
under this Act.

--
Misty Hosier
Kiki's Corner, Ferret Home