From:
AnThRaX270 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 2009 14:04:01 -0700
I have been trying to find the best possible Shampoo for my ferrets,
and though I have not tested that many products I have begun to make a
conclusion. I have been told by many ferret owners and a few shelters
that regular Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo that is tear free is good
to use and not to spendy.

J&J shampoo from what I can tell does not strip to much oils out of
the fur. I test every product I give my ferrets on myself before using
something on the kids. I even ate some Totally Ferret when we switched,
and Treats, (they are only allowed TF Treats). I tried a "Ferret
Shampoo" from 8in1 The FerretSheen "tear free". Well lets just say I
used it on myself before that stuff touched my kids. I washed my hair
with it per the instructions, for which you would have to be a moron
to mess up. Right after I washed it all out my hair was dry as broom
straw, for a ferret friendly shampoo you DO NOT want to strip the oils
out, it can dry their skin and make them produce more scent. Well after
I went through that I decided to put the "tear free" part to the
test..... That is a JoKe! After I placed a dab in my right eye Burn!
was not the word for it it HURT! After this I poured the rest of the
bottle down the drain and will never use this again. My Second was the
Marshall No tears formula shampoo, I washed my hair with it and it was
not so bad although, It did strip more oils out of my hair than J&J
Baby. So far not so bad. Then I put a dab in my eye........ It took a
few seconds but it did sting a little. Other than that that is the one
product I might reccomend from marshall farms. My Opinion (notice how
I said opinion) is that J&J Baby shampoo is less harsh to the Fur Kids
than the 2 Ferret shampoos I tried. Now before the 10% of the FML'ers
get all pissy and start sending hate mail, I am not a PhD, DVM, or any
other medical advisor of any kind, I am a Loving Ferret Dad of 7. These
are just my opinions I thought I would share with the FML family.

Gerald
Macy, Rambo, Diesel, Pepsi, Bitsy, Jennifer and Valentine.