Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2009 09:48:10 -0800
So... what is BaM? No... it's not BAM for the toothpaste.... Or BAM for
bashing into a wall! It's BaM for Buck A Month Club. The Buck-a-Month
(BaM) Club came about a few of years ago in an attempt to find a way
for EVERYONE to be able to help shelters through Support Our Shelters
(SOS) Organization. I thought... just about everyone could afford to
send $1.00 to SOS a month. While it doesn't seem like a lot, when you
add it to others... it DOES add up!

In the past several years of running this program -- BaM has averaged
about $2300.00 a year in donations! Can you believe it!?!!?! Surprised
aren't ya? I know I am every time I look at it! The money that is
raised goes into the SOS General Fund and then is used for shelters in
need. As a shelter operator myself I know that shelters need help from
time to time... and SOS is there to help when they can. But without the
wonderful support that we receive from the Ferret Community, SOS
wouldn't be able to do 1/2 of what we do now!... so THANK YOU EVERYONE!

I'd like to see the BaM membership grow again..... It's easy enough to
do and shouldn't brake the bank. I'll even send you a reminder every
month if you want (just send me your email address). Pay for the whole
2009 year for $12.00 or pay $1.00 a month! You can even use PayPal and
not have to think about it again....but of course you can STILL donate
more if you want! (If donating through PayPal we ask that you pay for
the full year $12.00 due to the PayPal fees) I have my bank send out a
small bill pay check to SOS every month. Doesn't cost me anything extra
and I don't even miss the money I send out because it is so small.
Now... here is the pretty cool part... this year... we are starting to
send out a BaM Membership Card to people paying their membership "dues"
for 2009. So now... not only do you get to help SOS help shelters
around the world... but you get a cute card for doing it to show that
you are a member of a Special Club J Be sure you include your name and
mailing address so that we can send you your card! Here's the link to
the web site...
http://www.supportourshelters.org/bam.html

BaM
C/O Support Our Shelters
100 Walsh Road
Lansdowne, PA 19050
or pay through PayPal (if paying through PayPal please send for the
full year). Tax-Deductible Donations accepted through PayPal:
Please include your name, mailing address and indicate that you are
giving to the Buck-A-Month Club.

Have a great month ----- and THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Joanne-SOS For more information please click on the link below:
http://www.supportourshelters.org/bam.html
permission to cross post granted