Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2009 22:21:39 -0500
Hi fellow ferret peeps!!

On Saturday, March 14th our rescue will be attending our local animal
control's yearly Adopt-a-thon. This is an event every year where we
set up a tent to educate people about ferrets and clear up any
misconceptions they might have about them. We do not adopt out ferrets
the day of the event and just accept applications. Yes, very rewarding
and fun for us. Last year there were over 50 pet related tents set up
for this event. One of the dogs that played Marley in Marley And Me
will be there to boost attendance. We were able to speak with several
ferret owners and educate them about their ferrets and teach them new
things about taking care of their ferrets and what to expect of them.

Since we are fairly new in this rescue business (2 years now!) we
really don t have a lot of booklets, info or pamphlets to hand out.
Last year I ordered some from the American Ferret Association and they
were generous enough to give us some extras for this year event. I also
made up some little pamphlets for last years event as well. Along with
our set up we will have a color chart and a large board with several
ferrets pictures up on it with them doing cute and crazy things. We
also have a few left over emergency stickers for windows. More are
needed!!

If anyone has any good educational material, small ferrety items to
raise money with, or simply just pass out to anyone we would greatly
appreciate it Please email me for our address. Thanks so much!!

Kim

Stinky Pete's Ferret Retreat
http://floridaferrets.webs.com/