Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 2008 11:51:05 -0500
A few days before xmas a curious box arrived here at the Wolfy den.
There only return addie was from Deva's business. IT was from Anoyn...
anyu ... anyno ... anal ... now wait not anal, hehehe. But you get the
point. Now, I'm a sucker for surprises, but I don't handle curiosity
and waiting very well. I put it under the tree, where it began it's
devious work. Over the holiday, tried to watch Batman. The Jokers
surprise packages throughout the movie only reminded me even more of
the mysterious box sitting and waiting the tree I tried to watching
other things on tv to get my mind off of the box. And go figure ...
every Christmas special story was filled with presents, packages,
letters, etc.. Sigh. I couldn't escape the box even in the next room on
the computer. Because I had Deva the Devious yammering at me in emails.
"They gave me an addie you can email. Here, go ask them who they are!"?
I did and was answered in "ferretese". Deva wrote the next day, "Did
you ask? Did you find out why they sent it? Boy that sure was nice,
huh?" The box was killing me. So I walked over and pushed it deep, deep
under the tree. And tha seemed to work ... until the kids got involved.
Skin and fur alike ... they seemed determined to roll, shake, and lift
the box that now might as well as been an elephant in the room with our
family.

Finally, Christmas day arrived, and the box was ripped open. Inside ...
was another box. And that box sported a handle. We all looked at each
other, then at the ferrety designs all over the box. Now I was fairly
sure of what it was at that point. I've seen Deva's work before and am
familiar with some of her products. Sean began to wind the handle.
Slowly. Now let me explain that Sean, being autistic, has very limited
life experiences. The joys of a Jack in the Box being one of the things
he's never interacted with. He never knew they existed before. I gave
him a little jab, "Come on! Go faster so the pretty song makes sense".
POP goes the ... not Jack ... but Weasel! Or ferret, rather, wearing a
full jesters outfit. It's so pretty, we have it on the coffee table to
enjoy. Now, I know the toy/art has a dual purpose. It's also made for
ferrets to play with. I've yet to show them. I'm a greedy you know
what. And I want to enjoy it as much as possible all by my lonesome.
But soon, we will introduce it to two very brilliant DMK girls, and
"the boys". Maybe Zee (The Fatness), with the eating disorder, will
slim down a bit if he jumps and twitches enough from seeing the weasel
pop out of the box at him. Just in case this is extra cute, I'm going
to try to remember to capture the event on film.