Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2009 23:19:42 -0500
From:
Pie O' Pah <[log in to unmask]>
Dear Mommy Sue, Mema Helen, Angel and Babe,

I had just made myself a cup of warm ferretone and had gotten settled
by the fire when a fierce knock came on my door. I shuffled to the
front door, dressed in my cap, gown and my favorite slippers and
opened it up to find Hobbes standing there. Rather then just shove my
next assignment at me, he walked in and dropped his courier bag, and
wriggled out of his neon winter suit and asked for a cup of ferretone
for himself.

It was an odd thing to happen I dare say, but it was nice to have him
stop and visit before running off as he usually does. Things get so
busy up here sometimes, that we rarely have a moment to visit with
those we love best, so it was nice to have the time I did with him. He
told me he had read the scroll before wrapping it up, and that it had
made him sad. He told me that he had been blessed with 10 long years
with his family, well *our* family, and it didn't seem fair that Roo
Roo only had so few. So I wrapped my paws around him and gave him a
big hug and said, ""It matters not the length of time we have with our
families, but the quality of time we had, and if you really read Roo
Roo's scroll, you would know that his life was filled with a great
amount of love and many happy memories, and very good and loving fuzzit
parents."

I then looked him deep in the eyes and continued, "And one day his mum
and his mema and the rest of his family will be here as well, and until
then, there will be Cody, Simon, Alvin, and Mema's Joey, Phoebe and
even her D'artangon, and a whole host of other fuzzits who will be here
for Roo Roo, and if you would like, you could be there as well."

His whole face lit up, and I could easily see the kit that he had once
been. Because hiding behind that grouchy face he usually wears, was
the beatific joy and genuine excitement. that I hadn't seen in years.

"So your telling me *I* could go with you to greet him?, he asked

"Why not? I don't see any other scrolls in your bag, so why don't you
come along and help me out.", I answered

He began jumping about and twirling and giggling and it was the most
excited I had ever seen him. He began dressing himself again in his
winter suit and dooking and asking me all sorts of questions about what
it was like and what do we say when Roo Roo arrives, and where would we
find his brothers and sisters, and could he bring a gift. I quickly got
myself dressed and handed him his cup of ferretone and told him to take
a few sips and calm down, before he got so fuzzed up and unable to zip
his suit up!

By the time the two of us were ready to leave, we had a crowd waiting
outside to follow along with us. There was Cody and Simon and Alvin
and Phoebe and Joey and that handsome D'artangon.

I absolutely enjoy it when there is family here to take the trip to
the Bridge with me. All of these warm and beaming faces that are so
filled with love. The love they have for one and another, and for
their families both near and far, and for the ones they will be
greeting ..... most especially for the ones they will be greeting!
Because they know, that just as they left their earth bound lives, all
that ailed them, or made them infirmed, or caused them pain was left
behind, and that they were made whole and healthy again. They know that
they will be able to look in on their loved ones, and send them love
and comfort and be waiting for the day as each one of them arrive.

It was no different with Roo Roo and his crossing. We all arrived at
the Bridge just in time to see it begin to glow. Even for as bright as
the day was, this was a glow that seemed to fill every and everything
with such a great warmth, and also filled us with great joy, and as the
light faded, across ran, and I mean RAN Roo Roo. He was all about the
leg that wasn't a stub anymore and he was showing it to everyone who
would look at it.

"Look, oh just LOOK, I can run, I can run, now watch this!", and he
stopped running and began war dancing, and it was a war dance of the
reckless abandonment that we remember having when we are baby fuzzits.
It was filled with so much glee and surprise and all manner of happy
things - including one very fuzzed out bottle brushed tail - that
everyone joined in and we war danced our fuzzy hearts out. Even Hobbes,
hater of snow, war danced, so I know it was an extra special occasion
for one and all!

Afterwards Roo Roo asked after Babe. He was very concerned about her,
as well as for you and mema. So Cody, Simon and Alvin and the others
took him down to the Viewing Pool to check in on all of you. I remember
as they left, he kept looking at that new body of his. He would stop
now and then and move it around and give it a touch and get the biggest
smile on his face and then he would war dance and everyone would have
to stop for a bit and let him get his fill of the new him.

His message for you is one of love, that he will always love you all,
and that he is indeed as you hoped, whole and happy and with loved
ones on this side of the Bridge BUT that he will be looking over on
your side of the Bridge and keeping an eye out on all of you!!!

In Love & In Comfort,
Pie O' Pah