From:
Alexandra Sargent-Colburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2009 15:33:40 +0000
Gordon, things are COMPLETELY wrong, here!

Todd and Hebert somehow escaped from their new big cage (did they use
that popsicle stick I see in the bottom of it as a *lever*?) and had
the run of the house during the night. The "electronics drawer" was
indeed pawed open an inch or two, but that's all a ferret needs.

This morning the collection of odds and ends and gadgets on the ferret
room floor is considerably larger. The little guys apparently even got
into one or two of of my antique radios, because I am seeing vacuum
tubes on the floor, the glass kind with the little prongs on one end.
They only stole the RCA's, they left the larger NU's, the "National
Union Electron" tubes. They also pulled out the biggest radio's
"directional loop antenna", I think for the copper wire. The wire has
been stripped from the cardboard core.

In fact, that thin copper wire has been wound around and around the
outside of the ferret cage...which is now humming, faintly, and is
festooned with transistors and capacitors little blinking LED's and
little " I dunnno's" salvaged from the electronics drawer. I see the
abandoned carcasses of old walkman radios, CD players, and flashlights.
Right next to the J-Feeder there is what can only be the old hard drive
from our last PC.

Gordon...what does it mean? What is "Klatuu Barada Nikto?"

What is happening?

Should I be scared? I *am* scared. I just tried unwinding the copper
wire from around the cage and I got zapped! Zapped hard! That wire is
*electrified.*

Please advise!

Alexandra,
Frightened in MA