Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 8 May 2009 14:37:01 -0400
From:
Regina Badriya Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Hi all,

My boy with insulinoma Ianto has reached the point where pred is not
helping so much. After ten days on dizoxide, he looks and acts a lot
better, so we're going to keep him on that. I am willing to pay what it
takes to give him good quality time, but I wouldn't mind saving some
money if I can. At my vet's pharmacy, it costs about $150 for a one
month's supply of diazoxide mixed at 50mg/ml, at a dose of 0.3ml twice
per day. My brain can't really figure out how much diazoxide that means
I have in the bottle. If anybody else is giving their ferret a similar
dose and is getting a significantly better price, would you mind
emailing me with the name and contact information of your pharmacy?
I've seen the list of compounding pharmacies at the Ferret Health List,
but in looking at their websites, I don't find prices listed, and I'm
a little daunted by the task of contacting them all. I'm located in
the northeastern US.

Also, would I be right in thinking that a compounding pharmacy could
leave out the minty flavor that comes in pre-mixed diazoxide? Even
with poultry flavor mixed in, the minty taste is not a big hit here.

Thanks so much,
Regina