From:
Linda Lake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2009 05:12:13 +0000
First off I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you
wonderful folks who sent $$ to help get these kids from our local
animal control. Without these funds, these sweet souls would have
been euthanized. I know these times are hard on all of us and we are
eternally grateful for all of you helping out.

The first 4 I picked up were healthy and did fine. It didn't work that
well with the last 2 I picked up. They wouldn't eat and their little
tummies were a mess. The little girl truly had me worried. I wasn't
sure she would still be with us. The sable boy wasn't quite as bad,
I thought. Dr. Fred saw them today and pretty much confirmed what I
thought. They were starving! I am so angry at our local animal
control! I've been on the phone most of the day with one office and
then another. I have proof of their condition and think it WRONG that
all they want is $$! I think the person that surrendered the ferrets
should be charged with animal cruelty. WIll it happen, probably not.
Do I think they should rework their policy where ferrets are
concerned.... most definitely!

But, I wanted to let you all know they are on the road to recovery.
With fluids, gravy, antibiotics and other meds, Dr. Fred said he feels
they will be fine in a couple of weeks. They have started to eat some
kibble and have normal poops! Wooohooo!

From a very grateful Ferret Shelter Mom.......THANK YOU!!

Linda & Kids
Fuzzy Follies Ferret Rescue & Shelter