Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2009 09:53:40 -0500
Hi fellow FML'ers. I am interested in becoming a 501c3. I have been
doing rescue work for a little over 2 years now and see several
benefits that it can give you. One of them occurred yesterday. Remember
the post about the ferrets in Polk County... Went to get them and since
we were not a 501c3 they charged us 25.00 for each of them. For God
Sake, these were ferrets that were going to be euthanized that day. So
we paid and explained to the people working there that we were not in
this for the money, we don't make any money off doing rescue and they
were taking that money away from the ferrets themselves. Apparently
THEY are in it for the money. Very sad.

So, here I sit wondering about the 501c3.... Is it that expensive....
Does anyone know anyone that help me out with it....Any lawyers
here......

Oh, btw.....2 more ferrets just came in yesterday after the original
2 were picked up. Apparently they euthanize all ferrets that come in
there. That won't be happening again..........

Kim

Stinky Pete's
Ferret Retreat
http://floridaferrets.webs.com/