From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2009 21:36:02 -0500
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. SaraFerret was sitting outside her
cottage just relaxing in de shade eyes closed while de kits were
playing. All of a sudden she heard de flutter of wings and she opened
her eyes to see Mimi, de little girl courier, with a note in her paw.

"SaraFerret, I know you have been busy lately, but I have a note from
the Boss. It seems that a kit is getting ready to cross the bridge. Do
you want me to fetch his Papa?"

She handed me de note and I quickly read it and with a SIGH! asked her
to go to de NZ clan and get his papa and I headed for de entrance.

I got to de bridge entrance and I knew dat de little kit had no way of
trotting across de bridge on his own and I saw him waiting right close.
Den I saw de angel pick him up by his scruff and deposit him gently at
de entrance. Once dere, I put my paw gently on him and POOF! something
took place.

He opened his eyes for de first time ever and said in a small little
voice, "Dook." His skin became covered with fur and you could see his
mitts. What a darling little kit he was. Den his papa Harry came flying
up to my side and said,

"Ah, I see my little lad, Barry, didn't make it on earth. Such a shame!
But at least he made it safely here. Such a handsome one, he is." Den
he picked him up proudly and cuddled him a bit.

No use to introduce myself to the wee kit, as he wouldn't understand
a bit. So Harry took Barry by the scruff and we headed down de path
to de Wing House where de wings were stored. We opened de door and on
de shelf were de wings for de kits. We opened one box--too big, den
another--just right. Wings as thin as a dragonfly's--perfect for a kit.
We put them on Barry and went out de door.

We went down de road to de Misting Pond and sat down beside de cool
clear water and with one swish we saw de vision of Mum Michelle appear.
Harry started waving and dooking with all of his might.

"Mum, the lad got here safely. Thank you for taking care of him. We
love you." Den de little one made a small "Dook."

So Harry began to throw hugs and kisses with de small "Dook" and
wrapped dem with all of dere love and laid dem on a nearby shooting
star which was headed to NZ and by de time you should read dis it
should have landed dere. And with another swish de vision was gone.

Now both Harry and I both knew dat Barry, de kit was much much too
small to play with de big ones, so de decision was made for him to
live at de Kit House where others of his size were living. He would
be happier dere and be surrounded by love. So off we went and as we
arrived we found on de door a sign "WELCOME BARRY." We entered to find
bundles of fur running about being chased by de nurse fuzzies and of
course Auntie Mary Ferret. Harry knew it was best and he gave his young
son a hug and a promise to visit every day. Barry was running and
playing with de others before we left like nothing had even happened.

Harry had a bit of a tear in his eye as he headed back to his NZ clan
and I went back to my cottage with my kits. Such an eventful day at de
Bridge for Harry, but I knew he would visit.

So ended another day at de Rainbow Bridge.

Lovey and hugs,

SaraFerret, bridgegreeter