From:
Mary McCarty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2009 14:49:07 -0800
I have been contacted by a person in Williamsport, PA who needs
to re-home their two ferrets by the end of February, due to a job
change/relocation. Unfortunately, the ferrets cannot go with them.

They will be ADV tested (in the process of doing that) and I am waiting
to hear back on the vaccine situation. They currently eat Totally
Ferret, but aren't fond of other treats. They are about 70% with the
litterpans (they don't use them, unfortunately, just carefresh bedding
in the bottom of the cage - it shouldn't be too hard to train them,
though, they are young :))

Here is the description of the kids by the owner:

My first ferret, is Bert. He is a 2 and a half year old sable male. He
is on the smaller side but a very relaxed, laid back guy. He loves to
give kisses. He is a big sleeper and loves to steal anything leather
(shoes, wallets etc).

The second ferret, Lulu, is a small white female (not albino) who is 2
years old. She is very small but full of character. Her tail was broken
when I bought her and she now has a permanent bend towards the end of
her tail. She is more vocal than Bert and full of energy. She will
occasionally bite when playing but never hard. She has never broken any
skin but loves to go after socks. She is very friendly and curious and
will approach anything, while Bert is much more cautious. They play
really well together and keep one another entertained by chasing each
other around the room. They have not been around other ferrets, dogs,
or cats. But both do well around small kids.

If you are interested, please contact me off-list at
I am hoping to do a direct placement (i.e. no adoption fee!), since
the shelter is really full :)

Thank you!

Mary
Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Assn