Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2009 18:28:46 -0500
From:
Jenny Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Hello everyone,

Hope this finds all well and your fuzzies happy and healthy.

I'd like to say that being a shelter is very hard work. Its a very sad
and a very happy job also. I have 18 with two more coming in Sunday.
Yes only 20 but it's very time consuming, especially when you work a
full time job and your day starts at 5-5:30 am and ends around 10pm.
The kids I have here are the elderly, sick and physcially challenged.

You are probably saying to yourself, yeah so what??

When other shelters ask for help it's because they truely need it. We
are not getting RICH by anymeans. I am getting RICH from seeing the
sparkle in the eyes of those that were at deaths door,those that were
thrown away because they weren't young and playfull anymore. They now
have a home where they are 100% safe and LOVED!!!!

I don't live in a big fancy house or drive a fancy car. My house was
built in 1961 and my husband was raised in it. I drive an 04 dodge
pickup and my husband drives a beater '93 mazda 323. I have done
without for myself so that my kids have the things they need,as we all
have done.

So when I read that a shelter needs help with funds and I read that "If
you are gonna JUMP ON ME AND FLAME ME, please do it in private", I find
this very sad and frustrating. Our common goal here is to learn and
help each other. Yes there are people who have opinions and then there
are those people who only want to make someone FEEL LIKE CRAP. I have
asked for help myself and I can always use help with monatary donations
or supplies. I have a 2yr old going in for surgery the 19th next
Thursday just 4mons after his last one. Would I like help paying for
his $700.00 surgery you bet I would. I was lucky enough to have S.O.S
help pay for some of his last surgery, but I would not ask again,as
there are others who need their help. I had 4 ferrets have surgeries
within 4 months of each other and still have a bill to pay off. I don't
have volunteers to help clean up after 18 ferrets each day, I don't
have anyone help me with meds for the sick ones,or drive then to the
vet for luprons, or when one has prolasped their rectum and it needs
to be sewed up. I do it all myself.

If you don't want to help when someone asks for it that's cool, but why
must you be so negative towards them???

I enjoy reading the FML,but sometimes there is so much negativity. I'd
like to open my email one morning while taking care of Jackson and read
happy postings.

So with that said "HAVE A GREAT DAY AND LOVE YOUR FUZZIES"

Jenny
Astis Ferret Haven