Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 2009 01:21:19 -0500
From:
Forgewizard <[log in to unmask]>
It really amazes me that people who will not publicly engage in a
discussion, especially those with dissenting viewpoints will however,
have the audacity to contact people privately to chastise an author's
publicly presented views! I wonder why these so called "Word Police"
and "Holier-Than-thou" people feel they have been self appointed to
attempt to curtail discussions and exchanges of ideas. Apparently they
do not have the capacity to construct opposing viewpoints without
turning to personal attacks!

I know full well that many people do not agree with my position on
ferret feeding and I can accept that. I certainly am not trying to
brainwash anyone or force my views down anyone's throats! Not
withstanding the numerous folks who contact me with encouragement,
thanks and more questions regarding specifics of changing their
ferret's diet, there are the inevitable people who deem themselves
officers of a forum and while they never participate publicly they
have no qualms about berating someone privately.

As is typical these conceited blow-hards deign to spout off
objectionable epithets, they eschew people's choice of cages, choice
of ferret sources, choice of ferret food, choice of ferret vet care,
choice of training methods, even where people obtain their ferrets;
but when a response is given they retreat back to their cave. They
are rather pleased with themselves at the ability to poke and jab
from obscurity.

Forums are not repositories to compile scientific journals they are
places of personal points of view and personal ideas and personal
experiences,! Some of these personal observations can be bolstered
with scientific information, but science is NOT an EXACT science and
the discoveries of today often negate or alter significantly what was
accepted as scientific fact in the past!

Forums offer great places for idea exchanges and discussion from
various viewpoints, but the key word is "discussion". If a reader has
a differing viewpoint then construct a viable argument and present it
for public discussion! If one author's viewpoints bother the reader,
the reader always has the option to skip that post. It really is that
simple!

Oh, but can't we all just get along; live in peace, love and harmony?
Always say sweet things to each other? Not in the real world! But we
CAN agree to disagree and we CAN openly discuss controversial subjects
without resorting to childish antics! - Well MOST of us can!

Regards,
Kim