Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 2009 07:58:14 -0700
Ed, Ed, Ed... There's gotta be someone in there, somewhere (I have
conferred with my muse). You're a smart guy. But it is so painful to
watch, this thing you're doing...

You remind me of a ten year old boy who's trying to impress the girl
next door by showing her how to burn bugs with a magnifying glass.
You just can't understand why she keeps running away screaming.

This list is composed of rescue/shelter people and others who are doing
their best in their own way to help ferrets. You gotta understand who
you're burning the bugs for if you want to make any positive impact at
all. You questioned Lacey's ability to run a shelter. She took precious
time out of her day to respond to you, but let *me* answer it for you.

No, of course many of these shelters aren't operating perfectly. How
*could* they? There are many fingers in many holes in the dam. The dam
is bursting, but the shelter operators brave the flood and keep their
fingers in place come hell or high water (literally, in Lacey's case).
Not a good scenario, obviously. But thank God for their willingness to
keep their fingers in place. When I imagine the alternative it sends
cold shivers down my spine, contemplating what would happen if they
were to pull their fingers away. But they don't. They just *don't*. I
can't put into words how much I admire and respect these people who do
all the dirty work. I can come home from work and enjoy my ferrets
while I watch my computer/TV or play my music. Many of the people who
run shelters don't have that simple luxury.

But enough about shelters. Anyone who's been on this list for awhile
already knows all this. How did it get by you? You really ought to
brush up on your observational skills.

If you want to keep burning bugs, you can expect the neighbor girls to
keep running away screaming. You know, you could always use your mad
scientific skills for good. Sukie manages to do this *and* keeps her
compassion alive as well. I think she's actually the fourth Powerpuff
girl or something ;) Maybe she could fly you over some Chemical X.
That's what I'm rooting for.

Oh, by the way. I never called you "be(r)serk," however I will not
question a mad scientist's own personal data on the matter.

Roary (not a nut)
http://dookology.blogspot.com/
http://www.garageband.com/artist/hoomin
location: for today - Townsville, USA