From:
debi sadowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jul 2009 08:21:14 -0700
Danee,

READ my post to Mary on the issue of AFA's requirements to enter and
AFA show hall, such as the Spring & Winter Nationals, NOT an AFA
"Sanctioned" show which many of these shows have their proof of
vaccination requirements listed on line with their show packets.

If you read my post, I was NOT making this request for myself as I HAVE
been to AFA & AFA Sanctioned shows. I was making this request to make
the information readily available for people who have NEVER been to an
AFA show. Believe it or not, I'm trying to look out for the welfare of
Joe-Q-Public and their ferrets.

Yes, you are correct about AFA's Canine Distemper recomendations,
but AGAIN, it does NOT explain what "PROOF" of canine distemper
vaccinations are "REQUIRED" to enter an "AFA" show hall. IF you are
ONLY allowing Purevax & Galaxy D why not make it simple and put it in
writing. An AFA "SANCTIONED" show's requirements may differ depending
on what club is putting on the show.

WOW Danee!! That is just what I was refering too, ""AFA does NOT
require "PROOF" of Canine Distemper vaccinations."" IMO as well as
others I have talked to, it is just as Important to SEE "Proof" of
Canine Distemper vaccination records as it is to SEE "Proof" of Rabies
vaccinations & ADV testing. IMO, leaving it upto the owner to be honest
about their ferrets ever being vaccinated against Canine Distemper &
NOT requiring "Proof" is putting EVERONE'S ferrets at risk to contract
this virus.

Now wasn't that simple Danee?? This "IS" the point I was trying to get
across and after Jenny's post about what she went through with having
Canine Distemper come into her rescue through "NO" fault of her own,
makes this even more MORE important of WHY "Proof" of Canine Distemper
records are just as important as "Proof" Rabies vaccinations & ADV
testing. If a ferret is suseptable to contracting CDV at an animal
shelter, then it is comprihensible to see that risk of a ferret
contracting CDV at a ferret show is alot higher if "Proof" of
vaccination is "NOT" required to enter the show hall with your
ferret. NOW do you see what I was getting at?? I'm sure others have.

Have a great day.

Debi