From:
Sandaili <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 2009 04:38:07 -0800
I "totally" (pun intended) missed the issue here on Totally Ferret.

I've done comparisons between TF and the Innova EVO feline and ferret,
and posted links to charts on the FML showing the very small difference
between feline and ferret EVO. Ferrets who have come to me sick and
dying have never refused to eat Totally Ferret. I've never had a piece
of Totally Ferret get stuck in the roof of someone's mouth unlike other
kibbles. I smash up manually (with a pestle the old fashioned way)
fresh Totally Ferret kibble to mix with baby food to make "duck soup".
I never find anything odd in it. I get the shelter bags direct from
TF. No other company I know of has a discount like Totally Ferret for
shelters. Without it my days as a shelter would have been over. TF also
lets me ship to the people who took over my shelter in Michigan when
they get fuzzies in. These people inherited my discounts from the vet
and TF. Again, no one else would have done this for me.

TF is a good company. It's rare you can call somewhere and actually
have someone know you. Or talk about their ferret club or the weather,
or whatever - April is a good person, and TF is a good product. I am
not sure what the fuss was about, or what was said. A while back I did
ask April to send me some nutritional information the way EVO has on
their website (scientific percentages of ingredients) because I love
seeing that information. I guess I could bug them again, but it's not
really important. That has no bearing on whether I feed TF or not. I
just love details. It is obvious that the health of my ferrets has not
been affected by eating TF for years, and years, and years. EVO is less
expensive but I buy TF. The ferrets can get the EVO they want when they
are free run from the cat bowls (and they do) and the cats often end up
sneaking TF from the ferret nations.

Speaking of a bad product, has the Ferret Nation company fixed their
horrible shelving problems yet? I wonder how many ferrets have been
killed from these shelves. Why can't they get it right and just make
single piece shelves. Who really slides out the plastic part from the
metal frame when you have to take the shelf out in the first place
to remove the plastic (and the fact that the plastic is often fairly
difficult to take out, let alone replace!)? *shakes head* They made a
truly good idea into a horrible one. Boo FN and yay TF.

Laryssa