From:
Sandaili <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2009 02:42:28 -0800
If a fuzzy has earwax buildup you can see and the whole ear is clogged,
then you need irrigation of some sort, massage, and let them shake it
out.

If the canal is clear, don't stick anything in there. Use whatever you
want (cotton ball, swab) to clean the outer folds. Personally I use an
electronic ear pick that is plastic to do so. It "glows" so you can see
what you are doing.

Those are just my thoughts. Most ferrets aren't going to have such a
terrible build up that it warrants using liquids. Just moist q-tips to
tidy up. Ferrets that have had "notoriously bad ears" that came into
my rescue always had ear mites. Once rid of them yes there is earwax
but perhaps I have been lucky not needing to irrigate ears.

Laryssa