Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2009 12:59:42 -0500
>Anyway- if someone is using a service ferret vs a therapy ferret,
>please let me know. It will be an interesting conversation. LOL.
>
> ~ Gerri

I do not have a service ferret, but know someone in our city who does.
Her case was in the news in 2008 when the transit company refused to
accept the ferret as a service animal. In the end, they relented and
let her back on. For more info do a google search on Frances Woodard
ferret.

As far as I know, there are no organizations that will certify a ferret
as a service animal. Frances went to a Companion Animal Behaviour
Consultant in order to have the ferrets behaviour assessed and to a
psychiatrist to confirm that the ferret was required to assist her.

Lynn