From:
Dann Sargent-Colburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2008 15:12:20 +0000
Dear Ferret Folks-

I want to thank people for the barrage of cards and gifts that I
discovered in my mailbox from ferret folks. I hadn't bothered myself
to trudge down to the mailbox in days. Well, it was *full*, and I'm
sure I would have had cross words from my mail lady if I had waited
much longer! A card and gift from MaryLou Zarbock at Ferrets, a card
from Wolfy Stout, a card from Deb's Ferret Rescue and Boarding, and
the one gift that made me snivvel, like a little kid....

It was a small package addressed to "Ping is He." Just seeing his name
made my eyes well up, and I am not much of a crier. I miss Ping, very
much, and times were pretty tough when I was trying to grieve for him.
I still wince every time I think about being labeled a "child abuser."
As I opened it I thought "Oh, no, I'm going to have to tell someone
that Ping is gone and they will be so upset." I could feel something
knit in the package. I expected a little tractor, or something related.

But no, it was a handmade "Angel of Hope" from the folks at "Angels For
Hope" in Pennsylvania. I don't know much about them, except to say that
mine is simply beautiful, and Todd has seen fit to drag it beneath the
yellow sofa, so it must be *extra* good.

Thank you all for your kindness. It has been very quiet here, with only
one ferret trying to destroy my house, although he really does make an
effort. Perhaps some day I will tell you about Todd and the Pancake Mix
Incident. Needless to say, I need another box of pancake mix. Perhaps
in a lead-lined vault for safe keeping. I hear spent uranium is pretty
heavy, too.

Alexandra in MA