From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2009 21:19:38 -0500
Hello everyone,

I'm very upset, I won't use names, I'm not like that. I recently
announced I'm getting a baby boy ferret for my girl ferret. I've asked
everyone and everywhere, if they know where I can get another ferret,
but I also said that I am unable to travel a long distance and we only
have one car which is used for work, so, at times I don't even have
access to a car.

Now the problem started when I mentioned this little boy is from a
"Pet store". Now I KNOW how alot of people feel about buying from pet
stores, I understand their concern and why they strongly feel the way
they do and I respect that! But, that being said, Does that give
someone the right to email you privately and attack you that way? And
then to argue that the pet store was NOT my only option? I announced I
wanted another ferret for weeks in all my groups, no one came knocking
on my door with a ferret that needed rescuing from a shelter. But now
that I said I'm getting one from a pet store, they would have gladly
come to where I live to show me some adoptables? And then have the
nerve to say " your probably paying alot more for him then what our's
cost" !!??

Where was this person when I was practically yelling on the boards that
I wanted another ferret? And they would be willing to travel at least 2
hours to get me one?? It's not about how much of the cost! It's about
how much EVERYONE of them need a home! What about rescuing these little
fellows that have been mass produced for markets? They don't deserve to
be adopted? They should be left in a store until they're grown? Never
knowing love, freedom or correct care? I should not buy this little guy
because I can go to this person's shelter because they are cheaper??

It doesn't matter where you get a ferret from, they ALL need love. I
know for a fact, that no one could take one look at this little boy and
turn around and leave him there because you know of a place that you
can get one cheaper!! He's too young to be in a pet store, and they are
not caring for him the way they should be!! He got a prolasped rectum
for being on dry food too early! A Vet did examine him and he is on his
way to a good recovery and will continue to do so in my loving home! It
just really burns me how someone can take a happy and joyous occasion
for someone and just dump a bucket of crap on them. I'm not about to
compare prices when I see a ferret in need, I'm getting the ferret that
needs me, and I don't judge people how they got their ferrets, I'm just
glad they got them!!

So, I'm getting a ferret from a pet store!! Take me to court, but don't
act like your the judge and jury! This little boy needs me and I'm
helping him and that is that!! Sorry such a long post, but if you don't
have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!! Certain people
should know who I'm referring too!!! Before your so quick to judge
someone, stop and put yourself in their shoes!! We should be fighting
and arguing to save ferrets, not fight and argue with each other on
where it came from!!! Thank you!

[DI]