From:
Justine Dodd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 2009 03:15:49 +1100
Most ferrets that I know in Australia live on a combination of kibble
and fresh roo-meat. That's kangaroo.

I have never seen a ferret chasing a roo - the idea is quite ridiculous
LOL! They really seem to love the meat though - with the addition of
chicken wings (raw) for them to clean their teeth on

A wonderful ferrety vet once suggested getting a clipboard folder and
wedging the wing under the clip, to make it hard for the fuzzy to drag
off to a cornetr to stash, and also to give them something to 'work
against' - cleaning their teeth better. This seems to work really
well - heavy duty plastic clip are preferable so tat teeth don't get
chipped. I've had no problems with this and I get a great belly-laugh
watching a'Choo try to pull the wing - and the clipboard - and herself
'cos she's on the clipboard. She never gets very far! Reckon if I put a
roo-tail on the clipboard she'd figure out a way - she LOVES her roo!

Kangaroos are culled in Australia as there are vast areas that are
overrun with the beautiful creatures, and that which is culled becomes
pet food.

Is there an animal that is similar that is culled in your country? It
may be more than satisfactory to your ferret, and in a weird round
about way: help the environment too!

Justine