Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 19 Oct 2008 21:05:21 -0700
From:
MELANIE BORDNER <[log in to unmask]>
My heart is breaking into millions of pieces. I learned on Sat he has
a tumor in his tummy. They feel he may also have lymphoma. Something
is also showing in his lungs. He is scheduled to have an ultrasound
tomorrow but I feel I may just have him helped to the bridge. Gosh I
can't even see the keyboard it hurts me soooo much!!

He has been refusing to eat for the last week. Well since Feb this year
I have been feeding him duck soup. He hasn't eaten kibble since then.
This past week he refused to eat and I had to force feed him a few
times. He is constantly grinding his teeth. (Pain??) I know it can be
he is nauseous. He vomits nearly after each feeding for about a week
now. Prior he would vomit once or twice a week for awhile now.

He is losing alot of his hair. His adrenal bloodwork came back
negative. I finally convinced the vet to give him Melatonin implant
in Sept and Lupron in beginning of Oct.

He still gets occasional sores on his body. I asked them to give him
sub-Q fluids Sat when he was in as he had been vomiting and I never see
him drink anymore. I haven't seen him drink since around Feb. But with
the vomiting he has been doing so often, I wanted to be sure he was
hydrated. Now he has a VERY sore looking red spot on his scruff. It
looks bruised in away.

Had him to the vet frequently this past year as I KNEW something was
wrong. Nothing specifically was ever found. So he was treated for IBD
and adrenal. He was given Carafate, Prednisolone, Metronidizole and
something for nauseousness that begins with an M but I can't remember
the exact name and I am crying too hard to even go look it up.

I HATE making that decision to help them to the bridge. BUT I HATE
watching them suffer. What is hard is sometimes Tommie looks bright
and alert. He will occasionally hide his one fav toy. But overall he
will walk around once and then go back to his cage to sleep when I
let them out.

This is truly killing me!!! PLEASE any one who believes in prayers,
please pray for Tommie. I am going to the symposium in Nov and planned
to take Tommie and Peanut, but if I lose him now it will take so much
out of me to not have him along. I am scared I won't even be able to
drive without crying. I live near Hershey and already sent my payment
and even made reservations with the hotel. I know I will cry the whole
time at the symposium. I cried for months after losing Treeroo and
Fred. I cry long for each of them but there are those you can't help
but bond closer to and Tommie is one of those! He is my soulmate!!!

I must end here because I am crying soooo much this is killing me. I
can't lose Tommie.

Please forgive me if this doesn't make any sense.

From ~ Melanie

"A cat or dog steals your heart, but a ferret steals your soul."