From:
"J Gordon Bengtson, CI-ASMEL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jan 2009 08:25:37 -0500
Your post of yesterday was an excellent statement of the end we choose,
not the ugly end we face.

I have lost close to dozen over the years and it is never easy. I did
let one go to the very end while the animal was visibly in suffer mode,
will never do that again. That was a very bad decision on my part.

The 'known' end is a most difficult decision. No question about it, and
rips your heart to shreds every time. I watched my mother in law die an
extremely slow painful death. There were many times I wanted to just
put a pillow over her face to end the insane trauma pain she was in,
but we cannot do that for a human. Yet for a loved fur friend we can
give them the gift of a dignified ending to suffering, pain and total
loss of quality in life.

One has to follow their heart and the best path is one of removing a
condition that cannot be made any better in the least but to give that
gift of the end with dignity and love.

I have done it several times, is incredibly hard but when all is over I
actually felt better to have helped a beloved friend end the pain, the
suffering.

Gordon, Peekaboo and Pester

Rev. J Gordon Bengtson
Aarrow-Ranch Aviation