From:
Nan and Sandy Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2009 14:42:00 -0500
At least you did not hang up on the person who was making the relay
call!!! For the most part, I get about 40% hang up rate when I make
relay calls.

The operators are from all over the USA. They have regional accents and
are not familiar with the area. So if, the person says "Harris Rd" it
could be head by the caller as "Harry Road" , "Harold" , "Harrow " or
the like. For the most part, the relay operators will repeat as needed,
some states require the relay operator to be a robot and type in every
statement from the hearing person.

For voice mail systems, some times the relay operator has to call back
several times to get through the menu system.

Relay, as imperfect as it is, is much better than the old way of having
to ask another person to make the phone call, use snail mail or drive.

Nan and the fuzzies