Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2009 02:28:20 -0800
Dear Sukie,

Thank you so very much for your reply of Jan 6/7. I do appreciate your
taking me under your wing, so to speak, and urging me to learn to crawl
before I stand up and wade through the complicated fields of virology.
And so this, my third attempt to plead with you to answer the 8
questions posed to you on Dec 29th, 2008. Also a second time on the
31st.

I have taken your advice and have read your virology citations,
including the one humdinger you sent me previously (See below). You
have advised me to read it 13 times. Well, I've read it 13 times plus
the four times in the past. And you know what? It still doesn't cut
the mustard, I know, even if I read it multiple times hereafter.

Let me ponder this: Of what benefit is there to the readers of the FML,
and here I include myself, when you post data that is understandable
to geneticists and virologists only but hardly meaningful to an eighth
grader. I say eighth grader because this is the approximate academic
level of the majority of FMLers, or so it seem to me.

To be sure there are others who've achieved higher academic
capabilities, but they can handle eighth grade text quite easily.
How does that hymn go Sukie? 'Tis a Gift to be Simple.

Surely Dear Sukie you're familiar with that old adage that goes like
this. If'n you can't explain an idea or complex paragraph in simple
language, then most likely, you just don't know what you're talking
about. Please don't take umbrage with me when I say *you*, since *you*
in this context is generic and refers to all, not just you Sukie.
It's not personal. And most of all I certainly don't want you to be
resentful nor angry with me, because neither of us gains thataway.

Included below is the paragraph you sent me, assumedly as an answer to
one or more of my 8 questions to you. I'll be darned if'n I can find an
answer in there. Maybe you can, because never before have I received
data that is so completely obscure, meaningless, and replete with
genetic and biochemical blather that it is incomprehensible. I might
just as well read the Seattle phone book.

Perhaps others don't much give a darn about you posting useless
information, but I'm really disappointed that very little, if anything,
is to be gleaned from your postings, like the one below.

I hold to this as much as I can, to wit KISS. You know this, right?
Keep It Simple Stupid. (I am Stupid; not you Sukie)

Here is Sukie's paragraph to Edward Lipinski, 12.29.2008.

>A novel coronavirus, designated as ferret enteric coronavirus (FECV),
>was identified in feces of domestic ferrets clinically diagnosed with
>epizootic catarrhal enteritis (ECE). Initially, partial sequences of
>the polymerase, spike, membrane protein, and nucleocapsid genes were
>generated using coronavirus consensus PCR assays. Subsequently, the
>complete sequences of the nucleocapsid gene and the last two open
>reading frames at the 3' terminus of the FECV genome were obtained.
>Phylogenetic analyses based on predicted partial amino acid sequences
>of the polymerase, spike, and membrane proteins, and full sequence of
>the nucleocapsid protein showed that FECV is genetically most closely
>related to group 1 coronaviruses. FECV is more similar to feline
>coronavirus, porcine transmissible gastroenteritis virus, and canine
>coronavirus than to porcine epidemic diarrhea virus and human
>coronavirus 229E. Molecular data presented in this study provide the
>first genetic evidence for a new coronavirus associated with clinical
>cases of ECE.

End of Sukie's paragraph to Edward Lipinski, 12.29.2008.

Thank you Sukie. I look ahead to getting some of my 8 questions
answered, OK?

Edward Lipinski
Veritas praevalebit (Latin: Truth will prevail)