From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Oct 2008 18:26:31 -0400
Greg a shelter hospice Dad posted this entry about our visit to teh
Boston Children's Museum on his blog list.

<http://ferretfunhouse.blogspot.com/2008/10/another-day-at-bcm-101808.html>
Another day at the BCM

Last Saturday, JJ and I travelled to Boston and the Childrens Museum
for "Critter Day" with the Ferretwise folks. Austin went with us last
year, but he sadly passed away from bone cancer this past spring.
First, he got his daily serving of soup, which he loves, then we were
off. We got there around about 10:30am and Dino met us at the back door
open until 11:00! Turns out there was a PBS camera crew running around
the museum and they decided to do a piece on us for a kids show. I
didn't get to make my TV debut, but they did a spot with Alicia and
talked about our furry friends. After that we got things set up and
were ready for the business of introducing ferrets to any children
that came by, and they did.

This year there were 4 of us there showing off the ferrets, Alicia
and Dino, Susan and I. They brought 4 , Elrich, Barney, Destiny, and
Blossom. We had a playpen set up for who ever was on show at the time
with a tent, a sleep sack or two, food, water, and a litter box. And of
course treats! JJ had to take a back seat for a while since he doesn't
get along with other ferrets, just people. So we set about the business
of introducing and answering questions. One little 2 or 3 year old guy
thought Blossom was a stuffed toy and tried to grab her from me at one
point, fortunately his father saw it and stopped him, then he started
crying because he wanted the toy. He just didn't understand Blossom
wasn't a toy. She was a stuffed animal though! Wow, did those guys
eat a lot of treats! N-bones, cheweasles, foamy fries, cheerios, you
name it.

Once the 4 got tired, they went in for a nap, and JJ got to come out
and say hi, boy was he happy, he had his share of treats, and got to
look around the play pen wondering where the ferrets that matched the
smells in there were. He didn't get to stay down long, I kept picking
him up to introduce him to children that came by. Everybody loved him
of course and he was very patient with them. JJ didn't seem to get
tired, even when we put him in, and took out the 4 after their nap,
he was awake and bouncing around! We were there from 11 am to 2 pm,
then we packed our stuff up and headed for home, We were sorry to say
goodbye, because the kids were still coming, but our time was up and
the ferrets were pooped.

On the drive home JJ slowly, VERY slowly settled down. He was still
excited from all the new sights and sounds he had been through. He was
up until we got home and I settled him back down in the room with his
brothers and sisters, Lil, Ozzie, LizBeth, and Sasha. Back in his room
with all the familiar smells, his poop was finally popped, he crashed
until after the Red Sox game, when it was his turn to come out and run
around.

Posted by Greg at
<http://ferretfunhouse.blogspot.com/2008/10/another-day-at-bcm-101808.html>

[To reply???:]
<http://www.blogger.com/email-post.g?blogID=34281556&postID=6441612441928430554>

you can read more ferret blog entries at:
http://ferretfunhouse.blogspot.com/