From:
DEANNA PENZKOFER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2008 06:37:02 -0700
My heart breaks for you and your dear little fur baby. I lost my
Twiggy to that awful Fibrosarcoma. Twiggy's was on her neck.. We had
it removed and it came back with in a month even larger that it was
before. Dr Svoboda, one of the best ferret vets in Phoenix did a lot
of research on if for us. I also did some research and found out it is
also deadly and rare cancer that people get too. There was nothing our
vet could do. He even found a holistic vet that I took Twiggy to see.
He could not help her either. She lived another six months until she
stopped eating and was having trouble getting around. That is when we
helped her cross the bridge. I wish I had better news. I too would ask
the vet about amputation. I think it would be better to loose a leg
than a life.

I feel so bad for both of you. I understand the pain when you are
forced to make such hard choices. If you need to talk to someone
that has been there please email me.

Dee