From:
Arlena Parrish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 2008 06:33:33 -0400
Settlement In Pet Food Case Could Be Near!
Judge To Hear Arguments On $32 Million Settlement!

Mount Laurel, New Jersey (10/13/2008)

Thousands of pet owners whose dogs and cats died last year after eating
contaminated pet food traced to China could be close to a $32 million
settlement.

A federal judge in New Jersey is scheduled to hear oral arguments on
the final proposal Tuesday (10/14/2008).

The settlement allows pet owners to apply for expenses associated with
deaths and illnesses. It doesn't include any money for humans' pain and
suffering, which has angered some pet owners.

In addition to the $8 million they have already agreed to pay owners of
sickened pets, the pet food companies would put up $24 million for the
settlement.

More than 9,500 people in the U.S. and Canada had filed claims as of
the end of September. Others are reserving the right to sue separately.
Few have filed objections to the settlement.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17709611/detail.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27168113/

<http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/PET_FOOD_RECALLS?SITE=NYPLA&SECTION=HOME>

http://www.petfoodsettlement.com/

As far as I am concerned, no amount of money could replace Tazzy Boy
Furo. He made his Crossing to the Rainbow Bridge Meadow, on Wednesday
01/09/2008 at 6:05 in the morning, from kidney and liver failure, due
to Melamine Contaminated cat treats.

In my personal opinion: The only Big Winners will be the lawyers,
handling the various Class Action Lawsuits.

Smiles,
Arlena
Owned By Charity And Lucia!
Ferrets Rule My World!