Date:
Wed, 28 May 2008 16:55:57 EDT
As most of you know, this has been a rather rough time for us, having
lost 7 of our little ones since Christmas......it breaks my heart to
have to tell you that on Memorial Day, Nicky lost his battle with
lymphoma in the brain and joined his brothers and sisters at the
Bridge, becoming the 8th one who left us......he had been in the
hospital since Thursday and our vet was, in his words "cautiously
optimistic" that we could bring him home on Saturday....he decided on
Saturday to keep him over the weekend as he was still not eating well
on his own and was wobbly......we all thought he would be coming home
on Tuesday, but late Monday afternoon, he called us to tell us that
Nick had started having seizures and had passed on........they were
closed that day but he was there with Nick and that means so much to
us to know that he wasn't alone...

When Nicky came to us he came as a pair with his brother No-No....aptly
named I might add.......they had never been separated through all the
years we had them until Nick got worse......No seems to be doing ok,
he's eating, drinking, doing all the things he should be doing, and he
has his other brothers and sisters with him, but he chatters and
chatters and I can't help but wonder if he's looking for Nick.....he
never got to say goodbye...

Nick was a precious little guy who loved to kiss and you knew after the
3rd or 4th one you were in for a "lip nip" if you weren't quick......
he is missed so much by his Daddy, Grandma and his brothers and
sisters........

Pye, if you're reading this it would be an honor if you would add Nicky
to your page where you already have his brothers and sisters and
somehow could you let him know that No-No really needs to know he's
ok......and that he sends his love....

We love you little Nicky........thank you for all the years of joy you
gave to our hearts.

Daddy, Grandma, all your brothers, sisters and cousins