From:
Alexandra Sargent-Colburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2008 13:20:54 +0000
Dear Ferret Folks-

Yesterday, someone wrote of one of Gordon From VA Beach's posts:

>I am trying to figure out why anyone would think this is funny. You
>have a warped sense of humor. I don't know if anyone else is bothered
>by this or not. It is just disturbing. :(

Well, yes, Gordon does have a warped sense of humor. And no, I don't
think that is a bad thing. Gordon has a particular literary style which
I can only describe as "Buggs Bunny/Roadrunner." In his prose, things
get shifted and stretched (and sometimes squashed) just the way things
do in the best of old Warner Brother's cartoons. Nobody in the offices
of Warner Brother's was really suggesting that it would be fun to throw
a coyote off of a cliff, or blow him up with a half-ton of TNT. Note
the coyote always lived to fight on another day.

Similarly, I sincerely doubt that Gordon is in favor of flattening his
ferrets (whom he loves dearly, or he wouldn't be writing to *us* about
them) beneath a bulldozer.

His posts are interesting, also, because he will suck you in with
some completely innocuous narrative and then BLAMMO! seemingly out of
nowhere he will turn things around with an unexpected surrealist twist
that leaves you going "HUH?" And somewhere in VA Beach, Gordon goes
"Gotcha!"

I would very respectfully suggest that if you don't like his posts,
don't read them.

Alexandra in MA