Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2008 10:04:55 -0700
Fitting Ferret Names

SOme of my adoptees came with monikers that I've either altered
slightly or changed altogether, aome names have remained unchanged
because they do fit.

Fozzy was a fat, fluffy, good natured bear of a ferret - rather like
"Fozzy bear" of sesame street. His mate Faylene is a dainty little
country pixie ferret.

Josie was a rough and tumble cowgirl ferret, right at home exploring
new territory and always ever friendly in that country charming way.

Fire became " Fizzle" because her burning desire to chomp appendages
literally fizzled out when she was allowed to be a "real" ferret and
not some caged animal.

Demon became "Bugsy Malone" when his friendly, rough and tumble,
jokester ways revealed themselves. the fact that he was dark and
handsome as well as having slightly buggy eyes also contributed to
his moniker.

Wind easily became "Windy", which probably ought to be "Wendy" after
Peter Pan's Wendy - the pretty girl who could hold her own with
adventurous lost boys and pirates! Windy my smallest ferret will take
no guff from ANY body and often instigates games of tag through the
whole house!

Ice became "Crystal" because she is clearlyn Josie's sounding board
or "crystal Ball" if you will from the other side... Josie lives on
through Crystal's antics and attitude with Crystal adding her own
brand of independence and topping it all off with her flying ability!

Roman came to me without a real name, his affinity for drawing blood
coupled with his tremendous siz and golden coat easily earned him the
label of " Roman" the gladiator frret, aka "The Romanator"; he has
abstained from causing leaking perforations in my hide as of late and
instead is choosing to offer smooches and acts a foot warmer, but Roman
will stick, because he also tends to go "roamin" through the house
searching for a fuzzy victim to tag! Finding no fuzzies to tag - he
picks me as "it"!

Every one of my kids knows their name and will come when called -
except for deaf Crystal, who will come to hand signals!

Cheers,
Kim