From:
"J Gordon Bengtson, CI-ASMEL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2008 14:13:36 -0400
Just like humans and even most other animals ferrets have tastes they
either find, discover or nurture. I had a cat that would kill for a
cruller, if you had one would be best to have the darn cat outside
lest you loose a finger or even your tongue for the cruller attack.

Kodo, a ferret, wanted chocolate in the very worst way. Of course I
could not give him any where it is most unhealthy for animals to have
chocolate. If I was eating chocolate ice cream I had to put Kodo in
another room for two big reasons, first was he could hot have any for
his better health and second I could not stand to see him begging and
doing all he could to have even just a taste. The ferret nose is as
sharp as a blood hound.

Byte-me loved chocolate also. I had an empty box Žclairs came in and
threw that in the trash. Of course Byte-me got into the trash and
licked the frosting off the inside of the box. She lost all her fur
except on the ankles, feet and head. That was a good lesson for me to
be far more careful.

Please be careful on what you allow your ferts eat when it comes to
human food. It could turn very deadly and painful for both you and the
fuzz butt.

Gordon, Peekaboo and Pester.

Rev. J Gordon Bengtson
Aarrow-Ranch Aviation