From:
The Weyr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2008 00:27:07 -0700
In Las Vegas.....

I was contacted tonight by a young woman who got into an argument with
her boyfriend. They are separating, she has 5 cats all just a bit over
a year old. While she was out of the house tonight, he packed up all 5
cats and took them to the dog pound. I got a frantic call for help.

I staged a jail break, literally, got all five cats out and one of my
foster people has taken them in. Only they can't stay with her for long
and I'm not putting them back into a situation where they can wind up
in the pound again.

If you are on the FML, then pets are more than animals. Ordinarily I
really discourage the 'free to a good home' line for a whole lot of
reasons. But these cats need help and ferrets are my bali wick, not
cats. Some of the ferrets won't tolerate cats and the 90 pound dog
certainly will not.

They are spayed/neutered vaccinated. If you are in the Vegas area and
are considering adopting a cat, please contact me, I have 5 desperately
needing a home. They can go together, singlely, pairs, whatever, I just
can't let them be put down. The woman has an 8 year old son who is
absolutely devastated.

Thanks so much. Sorry for the OT

Brenda, Momma to the FurpeopleWeyr