From:
Sandaili <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2008 19:35:22 -0700
I've had ones pass away and I can't stop from crying. I have had a few
pass away that I don't cry immediately for. I have had ones that I know
I loved but I didn't grieve the same.

There is guilt that comes when you don't grieve the same for one over
another (sometimes). I deal with that because to me it seems like I
might not have loved her the same. But I know I did. Love is not the
issue - the issue is "friendship" perhaps, or a connection that wasn't
very strong. The girl in question simply didn't like me very much,
tolerated me, and did her own thing.

Other times you know it's coming or you already have thought about it
in your mind and the shock and loss is already dealt with. Often for
me, if I know someone is sick, I start saying goodbye - even if it's
just they stop eating. That helps and I won't grieve nearly as much.

I hope that all makes sense. Of course we are all different. But to
answer your question - yes, I haven't had a totally tearless death - I
cried at work when I found out they were wanting to let her go during
surgery - but if it had been another ferret, I know I would have
probably went home or been unable to continue working (that has
happened to me before). Yes, I am emotional.

Laryssa